Want to study with Victoria’s 2018 Small Training Provider of the Year tuition fee free? The good news is, now you can if eligible. Let us help you on your dream career pathway, whether that’s as a Carpenter, Construction Manager or Registered Builder.
Keep reading to learn more about what funding and payment options are available including government subsidies under the Victorian Skills First program. Find out about Victoria’s free TAFE for priority courses initiative and how identified on this list are courses delivered at BAA (who is not a TAFE) and how you could study tuition fee free under BAA’s Skills First contract.
What is free TAFE for priority courses?
The Victorian Government has announced that from 1 January 2019, their ‘Free TAFE for Priority Courses’ initiative will cover tuition fees for priority courses for students who are eligible for government-subsidised training. Free TAFE for Priority Courses aims to reduce the financial barrier for students wanting to train in courses that lead to jobs in demand from Victorian employers.
The Free TAFE for Priority Courses initiative is available for TAFE providers only and includes:
- 30 priority non apprenticeship courses; and
- 20 Victorian apprenticeship pathway courses (sometimes called pre-apprenticeships)
Jobs in Building and Construction
The courses on the list which have been identified as directly linking to significant job opportunities in Victoria include three of Builders Academy Australia’s most popular:
- CPC40110 – Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building);
- CPC50210 – Diploma of Building and Construction (Building);
- CPC40912 – Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services.
Builders Academy Australia (BAA) is not a TAFE yet we fully support the Victorian Government’s investment into making training more accessible for Victorians. Victoria has a great range of quality education providers including TAFE’s, community providers, enterprise providers and independent providers such as Builders Academy Australia.
At Builders Academy Australia, we deliver nationally accredited qualifications and are an approved training provider under the 2018/19 Skills First program, meaning that eligible individuals can have their tuition fees partially or fully subsidised through the state and federal governments. It is through this Skills First contract that we can offer our courses to eligible students tuition fee free – yes, you read right. $0 tuition fees for eligible students. Over 90% of our Victorian students over the last three years have been able to have their training partially or fully subsidised under our Victorian funding contract with the Victorian Government.
We are strongly aligned with industry partners including our sister company Simonds Homes and specialise in building and construction online training delivery rather than trying to be all things to all people.
Builders Academy Australia Recognised at the Victorian Training Awards
BAA was recently announced by the Victorian Government as Victoria’s 2018 Small Training Provider of the year. This is fantastic recognition for the great outcomes we help our students achieve. The category acknowledges the very best training organisation delivering under 50 qualifications in the state. Over the last three years alone, we have helped over 6,000 students graduate from their chosen building and construction courses. Many of these individuals have gone on to become leaders of the industry in roles such as carpenters, construction supervisors, building managers, licensed plumbers or registered builders.
Some of the reasons BAA was recognised as the best training provider in Victoria for its size included:
- we deliver at over 70 physical locations around the state and also via our live and interactive online Virtual Classroom model. This means that no matter where students live, delivery options are available that will suit them with day and night class options available;
- our teachers are industry leaders and we are truly ‘Builders Training Builders’ and ‘Legends – Making Legends’. When students learn from us they hear from teachers who are still working in industry and can give them the advice, tips and real-life experience to guide them towards a successful career in building and construction;
- our sister company, Simonds Homes has a 70-year history as one of Australia’s leading homebuilders and this expertise flows into the high quality and industry relevant training delivered at BAA;
- our student completion rates are well above industry averages as we go above and beyond to help our students succeed in moving towards their desired outcomes.
Want to Study Building and Construction with the Best?
If you want to study building and construction either face to face or online with Builders Academy Australia and where eligible* study with $0 tuition fees, request a callback. We would love to help you towards your career as a carpenter, civil construction worker, construction supervisor, building manager, licensed plumber or registered builder tuition fee free.
*eligibility will be assessed upon consultation with a BAA course advisor
** Material and/or resource fees may be applicable depending on the qualification chosen
Hear from our students here –